The service department at BayCity Kia is staffed by a team of experienced factory trained technicians who are very serious about the quality of work they perform for all of our customers. We know the importance of "fixed right-first time" and are sincere in our desire for a complete customer satisfaction experience.
Our service department is well equipped and has all of the major tools and equipment, including specialized computer assisted diagnostic scanners, needed to maintain and/or repair your vehicle and keep it in top running condition.
The service philosophy at BayCity Kia is to encourage use of a preventative maintenance schedule. This program is designed to assist our customers ensuring that the minimum mandatory requirements needed to maintain their factory warranty are completed as required and also that other preventative maintenance is performed now to help avoid costly major repairs later. For further information on new vehicle maintenance, view the Factory Recommended Service graphic below.
The BayCity Kia Service Department offers convenient hours, a comfortable waiting lounge, with cable TV and free coffee and cookies for our customers. In addition we offer a free shuttle service to your home, office or a local shopping area within the city limits. If you require alternate transportation while your vehicle is in our shop being serviced we can provide you with a VIP discount coupon for Enterprise Car Rental which is conveniently located at the dealership collision centre. Enterprise Car Rental can be reached directly by calling (705) 726-8517.
Service Department Hours
- Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 5:30pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
The Service Department is closed Saturdays on long weekends beginning with the May Victoria Day weekend to, and including, the September Labour Day long weekend.
Recommended Maintenance Intervals
Canada is considered a 'severe weather' climate. Recommended service should take place at every 6,000 km or every 6 months, or as indicated in the 'Severe Weather Schedule' in your Owner's manual. Please consult your Service Advisor for details.
- Replace engine oil and filter
- Inspect interior & exterior lights
- Inspect wiper/washer condition & operation
- Inspect & adjust tire pressure
- Check coolant, battery, brake and washer fluid levels
- Check horn function
- Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges, and locks
- Replace Cabin Air Filter & service HVAC case
- Remove & rotate tires
- Inspect brake system for proper operation, check pad/shoe thickness, inspect calipers/wheel cylinders for proper operation, leaks or damage
- Adjust parking brake if required
- Add Kia Pro-Series Fuel Injection System Treatment
- Inspect engine coolant level & condition, visually inspect system for leaks
- Inspect transmission fluid & top-up if necessary
- Lubricate door weatherstrips
- Road test vehicle
- Service front brakes
- Service rear brakes, including park brake adjustment
- Service battery terminals & provide 'State-Of-Health' print-out
- Inspect drive belt(s) - condition & tension
- Inspect vacuum & crankcase ventilation hoses
- Inspect condition of ignition system
- Check drive shafts and boots for leaks
- Replace engine coolant
- Replace engine air filter
- Replace fuel tank air filter
- Inspect fuel lines, fuel hoses and connections
- Inspect complete emission system including all lines, hoses and fuel filler cap
- Inspect complete exhaust system - manifolds, pipes, catalytic converters and muffler
- Inspect suspension components including chocks, struts, links & bushings
- Inspect steering gear, linkage, boots and lower arm balljoints
- Inspect power steering pump and hoses
- Inspect transfer case and rear differential fluid levels (AWD models only
- Inspect all seat belts and anchor integrity
- Wheel Alignment Check 12 months
- Major Fuel Induction Service 16 months / 36,000km
- Replace Brake Fluid 36 months / 72,000km
- Replace Power Steering Fluid 36 months / 36,000km
- AWD Service (Replace Transfer Case & Rear Differential Fluids) 40 months / 80,000 km
- Replace Auto/Manual Transmission Fluid 48 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Regular) 24 months / 48,000 km
- Replace Spark Plugs (Platinum) 48 months / 96,000km
- Service Spark Plugs (Tridium) 48 months / 96,000 km
- Replace Fuel Filter 30 months / 60,000km
- Replace Timing Belt 48 months / 96,000km
- Inspect Valve Clearance 48 months / 96,000 km
Take advantage of Kia Factory Trained Technicians and Genuine Kia parts!
* If equipped: In addition to the Kia Motors Factory Recommended Service intervals listed above, your Kia may require additional time/mileage sensitive maintenance such as the replacement of vital fluids, filters, belts and spark plugs. Please consult your Kia Service Advisor and vehicle owner's manual for complete details.